We invite proposals for workshops and tutorials to be held at the beginning (September 24-25) of the conference week (September 24-28). Topics include all subareas of artificial intelligence as well as their foundations and applications.
How to propose a workshop
Proposals should be PDF documents of up to three pages and should be sent by mail to email@example.com. They should be formulated in English language and must have been sent not later than March 25, 2018.
Workshop proposals should provide the following information:
- Title (and possibly acronym) of the workshop
- Description of workshop topic and goal. This description should discuss the relevance of the suggested topic and its interest to the general AI community and the KI 2018 audience.
- Names and affiliations (including email and web address) of the workshop organizer(s). Please indicate the primary contact person for KI 2018.
- Description of the organizers’ background regarding the workshop topic.
- How many participants do you expect? How do you plan to attract enough participants for the workshop?
- A brief description of the workshop format regarding the mix of events such as paper presentation, invited talks, panels, demonstrations, and general discussion
- A preliminary agenda
- A notice on the expected length of the workshop, half-day or full-day
- A tentative list of PC members
Workshop organizers will be responsible for:
- producing a call for papers. The first call is due April 10, 2018. This call will be posted on (/ linked from) the KI 2018 website. Organizers are responsible for additional publicity such as distributing the call to relevant newsgroups and mailing lists, and especially to potential audiences from outside the KI conference community,
- maintaining a workshop web page (going online no later than April 10, 2018) with updated information about the workshop,
- producing the workshop proceedings – in case the workshop organizers plan to have proceedings.
The workshop organizers coordinate the collection, production and distribution of the proceedings for the workshops.
How to propose a tutorial
Tutorial proposals should be PDF documents of up to three pages and should be sent by mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. They should be formulated in English language and must have been sent not later than March 25, 2018.
Tutorial proposals should provide the following information:
- Title of the tutorial
- Description of tutorial topic and goal. This description should discuss the relevance of the suggested topic and its interest to the general AI community and the KI 2018 audience.
- Names and affiliations (including email and web address) of the person(s) giving the tutorial. Please indicate the primary contact person for KI 2018.
- A description of the background of tutorial organizers w.r.t. previous teaching/tutorial experience and/or own papers published in the field covered by the tutorial.
- A description of the targeted audience and the expected prerequisite knowledge.
- An indication of the length of the tutorial: quarter day (slot of 90 minutes), or half day tutorial (two slots), three quarter day (three slots) or full day tutorial (4 slots).
- An outline of the tutorial agenda
Tutorial organizers will be responsible for
- setting up a tutorial web page containing – in particular – a short
description of the tutorial, possibly a link to tutorial slides, hints on
reading material, and a short biography of the presenters. The web page
should be online by April 10, 2018.
The KI 2018 conference organizers will provide rooms for the workshops and the tutorials as well as determine the dates and times of the tutorials and workshops.
Workshop/tutorial proposal deadline: March 25, 2018
Notification of acceptance: April 1, 2018
Workshop 1st call for papers ready by: April 10, 2018
Workshop/tutorial web page ready by: April 10, 2018
Workshop/tutorial: September 24-25, 2018
Conference: September 24-28, 2018
Should you have further questions regarding the KI 2018 workshops and tutorials, please do not hesitate to contact me (email@example.com).